Website Design in Weston-super-Mare
Our websites start at just £289. A few samples of our work…
Aqueous UK Ltd has grown in to a leading provider of online solutions, offering website design in Weston-super-Mare & Bristol to clients right across the UK, digital marketing and search engine optimisation. We believe that nobody knows your business better than you do; this is why we believe in working closely with our clients to create a web site solution that is customised and tailor-made to suit you and your business needs.
Web services from Aqueous
We specialise in providing a web solution which addresses all the aspects of your business and reflects your company in a positive and professional way. Even after your web presence has been established, we can continue to maintain your site and add updates to it as often as you wish.
Our web design services start from just £289 plus VAT, and offer an affordable, professionally designed website to present your business online.
Aqueous will tailor our web design packages to suit you, whether you require a simple one-page website or a more developed brochure-style format to expand on the various services you offer.
Web Design History
Web site design has evolved significantly since the early 1990s when the Internet first arrived. Most sites are programmed in a computer language called HTML (HyperText Markup Language). HTML is currently in its’ 5th version. Since the introduction of HTML the growth of the Internet has spawned an array of hundreds of alternative languages, software and platforms that are used in collaboration to produce modern, attractive and dynamic web sites.
Web Design Compliance & Standards
W3C (The World Wide Web Consortium) is the primary governing body for the web. W3C set out guidelines and offer verification tools to ensure that your web-site is built using Industry Standard coding. The W3C also govern a variety of other coding languages such as XML, SOAP and SSML to name a few. Web Designers who follow the guidelines set out by the W3C can expect their web sites to benefit from:
- Better search engine rankings
- Better universal browser compatibility
- Better collaboration between other web designers and developers
Web Site Design & Web Development
In modern times, there are a whole host of features available to build a both stunning and interactive web site. The construction and completion of a web site can be categorised in two main areas:
1. The Design
The primary objective of a web site should be to meet the requirements of the client. In most cases this would be to attract then convert Internet users into customers, subscribers or in the case of charities, donors. The design of the web site is paramount to reassuring, educating and ultimately convincing the viewer that they have come to the right place, or that they have found what they are looking for. It is the responsibility of the web design company, or sole web designer, to produce a suitable design that is attractive to the target market, and doesn’t deter people from exploring the web site.
2. The Development
Once the design of the web site is in place, either as a mock-up or coded HTML skeleton, the web site then requires developing. Development can be as basic as constructing the design as a web page in HTML, or it can be as complex as using the design to ‘skin’ a complex, database driven web site. Development can be completed by the same designer, or in the case of bigger/complex projects, within a team of individuals who specialise in certain areas of construction. Web Developers or Web Designers can use any of the following to develop a web site to completion and the ongoing maintenance:
- HTML – Hypertext Markup Language is the basic language for presenting a web-site.
- XHTML – is the markup language with the same depth as HTML, but XHTML also conforms to XML syntax.
- XML – is a custom language for creating custom markup.
- RSS – Stands for ‘Real Simple Syndication’ and is a popular format for publishing frequently updated articles and stories like blogs.
- ASP.NET – Is the Windows Framework used for dynamic applications.
- PHP – Is a free (released under the PHP License) scripting language for constructing dynamic web sites.
- MySQL – Is a Open Source Database platform (available under terms of the GNU General Public License) and used in conjunction with PHP and other languages to store and retrieve data.
- Perl / CGI – is an aging scripting language that was developed originally for NASA in 1987.
- Open Source and 3rd Party Web Design Software
Aqueous also utilise Open Source & 3rd party web design software. Open Source is essentially software that is developed by teams of people and is distributed for free on the internet. Open Source software covers a variety of web design applications including blogging software and e-commerce software.
Web Site Accessibility
Another key consideration to think about when choosing a web design company is accessibility and usability.
Modern Internet Browsers and web site programming allow web sites to be constructed to allow users to:
- Increase the font size on your web site
- Narrate the text on your web site
- Navigate around the site with Back & Forward buttons
Whilst all of the above factors should be taken for granted when you choose a web design company, the unfortunate fact is that you can’t. Ensure that accessibility and ‘Cross Platform’ support is a key objective of your chosen web designers.